Constantly growing requirements on control software tests
Thanks to digital twins, machines and plants can be virtually commissioned long before their real completion. In order to achieve high reliability and robustness, the control software's behaviour needs to be carefully tested in normal operation modes and in a much larger amount of irregular operation modes.
Due to the ongoing production digitalization, both extent and complexity of control software keep growing. The resulting ever-growing effort for the sofar manually effected tests is no longer economically justifiable.
Automated testing with ISG-dirigent
ISG-dirigent, the first commercially available tool for the automated testing of control software is ready to effect test processes in an autonomous and reproducible way - 24/7.
- Vast collection of module libraries for often used control systems that can easily be complemented or expanded.
- Given the test modules' intuitive graphic modelling, the initial training is easy and does not require any special programming knowledge: From the very beginning, users are able to concentrate on the creation of the test processes and their respective test modules.
- Test modules can be used in different development phases and represent the modularity of machines and plants.
- Precise error diagnosis and (certifiable) documentation thanks to reproducible test execution including detailed result protocols.
- Test processes that need frequent repetition can be effected 24/7 - even outside normal working hours
- Growth in control software reliability and robustness and thus improved machine and plant quality
- Time and cost savings with growing extent and complexity of control software